Monday 14 August 2017

Curriculum Choices for Home Education

Welcome to the Annual Back to School Blog Hop. Today the Homeschool Review Crew are sharing their insights on the huge world of Curriculum. Home Education Curriculum and Resources is now a multi million dollar industry and as such can be rather overwhelm maze to navigate.

One of the biggest errors of my home educating journey was trying to add in all these amazing things that I saw when visiting homeschooling families and saw what they did.  It took me many years to realize why I was feeling overwhelmed and what I needed to do to over come that.  You can read about it here: Dear Mom Who is Feeling Overwhelmed.



What is Curriculum?
Curriculum: the subjects comprising a course of study in a school or college.

Resources: a stock or supply of money, materials, and other assets that can be drawn on by a person  in order to function effectively.

Based on the word definition of Curriculum I've learned that in actual fact what we are referring to is not curriculum but rather resources to home educate. Over the last few years I have particiapated in a few 5 day blog hops sharing resource lists covering a vast array of curriculum areas.  Here are a few to get you started:

 5 Days of Curriculum Choices



Virtual Curriculum Fairs

2014 Virtual Curriculum Fair

2015 Virtual Curriculum Fair
2016 Virtual Curriculum Fair

 Homeschool 4 FREE


I'm also a little bit of a resource Curriculum junkie and that is why I joined the Homeschool Review Crew.

Here are the links to my reviews:
This year I am continuing my homeschool journey using an ecclectic mix of resources. We are learning about and pursuing a Charlotte Mason approach to learning and using resources from Sonlight.

So I would invite you to grab a cup of your favourite beverage and read what the Crew has to say about Homeschool Curriculum.

Blessings
Chareen

—oOo—

Meet some of the Crew participating in this weeks blog hop:

  1. Amanda – Hopkins Homeschool – I am a homeschool mom to four from High School to Toddler. I love sharing what we do together and individually!
  2. Annette – A Net in Time -Five days to celebrate back to school, curriculum choices, supplies, things to do and encouragement for you. Come join us won’t you?
  3. Ashley  – Gift of Chaos – Join us as we go “back to school” with a First Grader and a Preschooler!
  4. Betty – Let’s Get Real – I am a veteran homeschooling mom. We have 3 children who have graduated our homeschool and 3 we are still homeschooling. Our family’s passion is to glorify God in all we do and say and we pray that God will use our lives for His glory.
  5. Christy  – Unexpected Homeschool – Join us on our journey as we homeschool our only child through her high school years while dealing with chronic illnesses.
  6. Crystal – Living Abundantly – Living Abundantly seeks to help Christian women and homeschooling families live abundantly, even when the thief tries to destroy your joy.
  7. Desiree  – Our Homeschool Notebook – I am Mom to 4 kids, and this is our place to share our family and homeschool adventures. This year we will have children in 11th, 6th, 4th, and 1st grades, and we are all excited to get back to school.


2 comments:

  1. Good round up of links to go perusing. Thanks for pulling them all into one spot for us. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. so if i'm right you are mostly doing sonlight in your schooling? Hope it goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥