I have felt a little frustrated (alright I confess: VERY frustrated )in trying to rearrange my little corner of blog world and have spent hours trying to figure out how some of you do the amazing things you do with your blogs. So I thought I would share with you some of the tips I have learned from other blogs and bloggers along the way.
|My new Tabbed Widget|
DIY Steps for blogger:
- Decide which three widgets you want to combine to add into this one tabbed widget.
- Open your Design tab in blogger.
- Make sure you drag and place the three widgets you want to combine to the top of your list
- Edit each widget and make sure you add in a title to each widget.
- Now click Add a Gadget
- Select HTML/Java Script
- Open a new tab in your browser
- Go to Blogger Sentral The Easiest Tabbed Widget
- Scroll down to Installation
- Read the instructions.
- Click on the little button (view source) this will open the code page
- Click anywhere on the page.
- On your keyboard press Ctrl & A together, this will select all the code
- Now press Ctrl & C together, this will copy the code
- Go back to your widget code box, click on the box, now press Ctrl & V together this will paste the code into the box.
- Click save and it will autoload for you !
- Now at the top of the Design page click Save
- Now click View Blog
Widget Colum Width
You might need to make the colum your widget resides in wider to accomodate what you are trying to achieve.
To do this you need to:
- Open your blog
- Log in
- Click on Design
- Click on Template Designer
- Click on Adjust widths
- Adjust the width by either dragging the arrow or change the number.
- Click Apply to Blog
- Click View Blog to make sure it is sufficient.