The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.
In my life this week…
In our homeschool this week…
- This week our rhythm started to fall into place and Sir N (Can you see my smile?)
- We took out our timeline book and coloured in some time line figures and added them to the book. I love Amy Pak's drawings and thanks to Sonlight the figures are pre gummed so all we had to do was colour in, peel and stick.
- We worked on skip counting by 10's and we are practicing our numbers between 10 and 20.
- There are many little kits available at Spotlight at the moment, as a treat after each days completed work we have made something.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- Find a few things that work really well for you and stick with those. It is far better to do two or three things with excellence than ten things with mediocrity.
- Some really simple home made decorations and craft ideas for Christmas
- We went to a friends to celebrate his 7th birthday yesterday.
- Visited Granny and had lunch with her.
- Catching up with a new friend and her son today after lunch.
- Tonight we are going with a friend to see Medimime presentation of The Grinch who Stole Christmas.(update: This was super Fantastic We enjoyed it so much. photo and video to come)
- Tomorrow we will be going to a surprise birthday party for a cousin / nephew. Can't wait to see his face !
We made some pink, green and purple cupcakes and went to visit a friend to celebrate the children achieving their swimming certificates and progressing to the next level. Well done E for getting your Maxi Pink, great job L for achieving your Maxi Green and well done to Sir N for achieving your Swordy Green. Proud of you three !
My favorite thing this week was…
- Watching Sir N's excitement about going camping with his Dad and some friends for a Father Son night away at Mount Franklin Reserve. It's been wonderful watching his enthusiasm and joy at helping to pack and prepare.
What’s working/not working for us…
- Using our five finger mission AM / PM chart is working well and Sir N is thriving on having his own list to work from.
Questions/thoughts I have…
- I have been pondering the structure of my days and thinking about character training, instilling excellent values and how to make this a natural part of our day.
Things I’m working on…
- First Time Obedience for Sir N and training myself to stop being a repeating parent. I am quite surprised at how often I repeat requests / instructions. I think I am the one in need of more training rather than my children.
- I also want to redo the chore list and make one with pictures that Sir N can use by himself.
- I would also like to have a regular time each week when the two of us can invest in a Nature Journal. I have been looking around Handbook of Nature Study Blog and have been inspired to make this a regular part of our homeschooling.
- Have not managed to read much this week. I have been playing with my latest gift from Paul. He has blessed me with a Kindle. I have been putting off purchasing one of these as I really love the feel and smell of a real book especially a brand new book. I love the weight of a book in my hand when I read. I must confess though that I am impressed with my Kindle and loving the free books on Amazon.
- Gluten Free Pizza.
- Kransky Potato Bake
I’m grateful for…
- The faithfulness of friends.
- The joy of giving and sharing new knowledge.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
I love this photo because of the pleasure Sir N took in drawing in his nature journal.
This post is linking to: