The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.
In my life this week…
In our homeschool this week…
- We watched how a billiard table is recovered. The table is a family heirloom item and has been passed down through the generations. It was my Great Grandfathers, Grandfathers, Fathers and has been in my care for a few years. Can't wait to play. We inherited some miniature skittles for the table. I can't find the rules for the game. Do you know anything about it ??
- Went swimming in the outdoor pool
- Went Strawberry Picking.
- The Scale of the Universe. Thanks to Susan for sharing this link. Give it a few seconds to load and then have a look at how small / big you are in relation to the known universe. Lots of fun.
- Continued listening to Jonathan Park Vol 1 The Adventure Begins. I am really enjoying these stories. There are HomeSchool lessons available and Behind the Scenes video clips available, and some YouTube clips to watch. The stories are from a young earth creation point of view.
- For those of you who enjoy GA Henty novels many of the titles are currently free for your Kindle on Amazon.
- For Christian Kindle Books on a Budget head on over to Inspired Reads.com I managed to get a book written by Dr Kevin Leman I have been wanting for free this week.
- Harmony Art Mom she has so many great posts that add richness to homeschooling. It is well worth having a look at all the different Blog Categories.
- The Scale of the Universe. by Carry Huang. Thanks to Susan for sharing this link.
- Family Ministry and being Dignified over at Woman Living Well. I left feeling very encouraged and ispired.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- On Wednesday we went swimming at the heated outdoor pool
- Today we are going to a friends to enjoy a family friendly movie night and watch The Secrets of Johnathan Sperry
- Paul and I went to Archery at Arrows Plus. It was heaps of fun and I am seriously considering doing a course I enjoyed it so much ...
- Tonight we are packing a picnic and going to enjoy the Rythm of Africa event at Werribee Open Range Zoo with another family.
- Counting down the months, weeks and days
- Enjoying handpicked strawberries and cream ......
- Getting up super early and doing my bible study / blog and exercise before Sir N wakes at 7 am.
- Read about this idea over at Behind the Scenes and was really intrigued. I think I will give it a go. Won't make 2012 I don't think but will definately help me declutter.
- Thrown away 2 bags of paper from the office
- Sold - Nil
- Donated - Nil
- Returned to their owner - 1
- Running total = 3
- I am still on the lookout for a new blog design. I have found one over at The Cutest Blog on the Block I think I might like. I tried it on my practice blog. What do you think ?? There is something missing in the banner. What do you think it needs ? I want a rose themed background. Can you suggest anything for me ??
- Reading and researching the Old Testament. I am in Leviticus now.
- My aim is to start working towards my goals. I was given Wii Active and decided to try out the 30 day challenge. Boy every muscle ached this morning ....
- Just sent in our passport renewal forms this morning. Can't wait. Don't like the photo's. I must agree with my daughter passport photo's look like mugshots now .....
- Labels for my cables.
- A Timeline of my homeschool journey. This post has been inspired by the next post for the Aussie Not Back to School Blog Hop which I hope to have up by tomorrow afternoon.
- Despairing over the Household Allowance over at The Legacy of Home.
- Home is what you make of it over at The Legacy of Home.
- Sadly Whitney Houston passed away this week. Godvine featured her singing Like a Bridge over troubled waters.
- I think I'm turning Green over at Creating with Wisdom. I love Vickys heart and balance. Her posts are always full of great things to think about.
- Cultivating a heart for Motherhood - The Obstacles over at Grace Full Mama.
- I managed to pick up Have a New Husband by Friday for FREE for my Kindle.
- Rhythms of Grace for FREE for my Kindle.
- Yesterday I tried a new recipe from my Simply Heaven cook book - Risotto Primavera. (Just discovered the book is available on line!)
- Some weeks cooking and cooking can be such a dreary thankless task. I was inspired by this short post this week: The Kitchen Martyr over at The Legacy of Home.
- Strong christian friends who are like minded. It's so good to go out together and enjoy life.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
- "It is the duty of those who have the charge of families to look well to the ways of their household. The affectation of state and the love of ease make many families neglected." - Mathew Henry
This post is linking to:
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers and The Homeschool Chick pop on over to read what other homeschool Moms are doing.