In my life this week…I had a great time gathering information for us to tackle a unit study on the Olympic Games which we will be starting in two weeks time.
I have recently started using essential oils to clean my home and have been so impressed with the product that I hosted a party and invited my friends over to come and find out about Nature Direct. Have any of you heard of this product or used it in your homes ?
In our homeschool this week…
- We visited WORZ and did a giraffe encounter as part of our South Africa studies. We even got to touch a rhino.
- We went to the Firestation which has inspired us to do a unit on Fire Safety.
- Sir N partook in a holiday swimming program.
- We reorganised our homeschool supplies.
- 12 Most Loving Ways to Spark Creativity in Your Child.
- 12 Most Compelling Reasons to Homeschool Your Children over at 12 MOST.com interesting list written by a public school educator and administrator.
- 12 Most Infallible Ways to Improve your Writing
- Prayers for our Homeschool Days over at Mama Hall.
- Do You Struggle with Finding Your Value in Numbers? I was encouraged as I read this post.
- This week we had the pleasure of helping another homeschool mom who needed to be in two places at once. Her son came to play before holiday swimming lessons and was such a delight to have over.
- Holiday Swimming Programme at Paul Sadlar Swimland.
- Nieces and Nephews
- Night Zoo - Paul has been working at the night zoo and we have been enjoying going to explore the zoo in the dark and eating BBQ marshmallows!
My favorite thing this week was…
- Seeing Sir N delight in obtaining the next certificate in his swimming lessons. So we are going to work on our Maxi Blue cert this term.
- Going to the library on my own to source materials for our homeschool. It worked so well that I think I might make this a regular occurrence.
- Completing the Expedition Earth - South Africa unit.
- In Praise of Homeschools by the Ludwig von Mises Institute.
- 15 Fascinating Facts about the History of Home Education.
- Deborah, Erin and Vicky's 11 & 11 & 11 & 11 Meme responses.
- As some of you know I was given a DSLR a couple of months ago and have been on a quest to find information to learn to use it. I just discovered Some Girl's Website and have been encouraged with her tutorials. Here are a couple I have looked at so far:
A Very Beginner’s Guide to Manual Mode in Low Light Settings
Where to Start in Manual Mode on your DSLR (Free Printable Chart)
Photography Tips for Better Indoor Photos
- 12 Most Horrible Pieces of Blogging Advice. Interesting balanced read.
- 12 Most Aspiring A Words for Bloggers.
- Macro Shots and Shutter Speeds.
- Lamb shanks in the slow cooker (crock pot) it was very tasty.
iHomeschool has started a linky for you to list your Pinterest boards. This is every homeschoolers dream. So if you pin pop on over to iHomeschool: Homeschoolers on Pinterest and list your boards. (this list has grown by over a 100 today!)
I’m grateful for…
- Gentle abundant life giving rain ...
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
"A house without books is like a room without windows. No man has a right to bring up his children without surrounding them with books, if he has the means to buy them. It is a wrong to his family. Children learn to read by being in the presence of books. The love of knowledge comes with reading and grows upon it. And the love of knowledge, in a young mind, is almost a warrant against the inferior excitement of passions and vices." ~Horace Mann
This post is linking to:
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers