Todays Tuesdays Treasure is
in celebration of the upcoming
in celebration of the upcoming
30th Olympic Games
being hosted this July in London
This is a preliminary list of resources that I have found to explore the enormous world of the summer Olympic games. I am waiting on a few more books from the library and every day the list on Pinerest grows. I know that some of you do not have a Pinterest so I have listed a few of the resources that I have found there.
Rather than waiting till after we have completed our explorations and then sharing the resources after the Olympics I decided to share a few of interrest and let you choose something for your family. If you know of any more sites or books that you LOVE then please share them in the comment section so I can add them in. I am especially interested in books for 6-10 year olds.
At the Library:
- The Story of the Olympics by Minna Lacey
- London Olympic Games 2012
- Behind the Scenes at the Olympics by Nick Hunter
- Going to the Olympics by Clare Renner
- High-tech Olympics by Nick Hunter
- London Olympic Games 2012 by Cameron Macintosh (PDF)
- Great Britain: Host Nation 2012 by Cameron Macintosh
- Crises at the Olympics by Haydn Middleton
On Pinterest:These are just a few of the sites I have found via Pinterest.
- Infographic: London, Once, Twice, Three Times an Olympic Host City. This is an excellent graphic comparing the three olympic games held in London.
- Olympics Colouring Pages
- 20 Crafts and Ideas to Celebrate the Olympics,
- Summer Olympics 2012 Unit Study & Lapbook,over at Homeschool Share
- The 2012 Summer Olympic Activity Ideas ,
- Summer Olympic Postcard Writing Activity,
- FREE 100 + Page Summer Olympic Pack for 2-7 year olds.
- Ancient Greek Olympics lessons and plans.
- London Olympic and Paralympic Games over at Geographical Association.
- Quick Craft: Olympic Memory Game.
- The Summer Olympics 2012 Lapbook with Study Guide over at Currclick
- Homeschooling Trhough The 2012 Olympic Games over at Surviving the Stores.
- 2012 Olympics Education Resources.
- 2012 Summer London Olympics Lapbook from Hands of a Child from Currclick.
- Olympic Rings easy craft idea.
- London Olympics Timeline.
- Olympics forty lessons about the Olympics pack
- Olympic Games over at Kids Soup
- Summer Olympics 2012 Calendar Connections over at 1+1+1=1
- 2012 London Olympic Mascot Page (games, makes, gallery, videos, photo's, sport)
- Make a British Flag over at Kids Activities Blog.
- 2012 London Olympics MEGA Pack Unit - 306 pages over at TpT by Clever Classroom
- Olympic Medals Unveiled to the World over at London 2012
- Ancient and Modern Olympics. Educational video.
- Olympic Games in Ancient Greece.
- History of the Olympic Torch Relay
- London Summer Olympics 2012 - Intro Great video with a little history and a glimpse of Olympics in London.
- London 2012 Olympic mascots unveiled
- London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay trailer - BBC
- Olympic Song - Flame (radio edit) Torch Relay
- Olympics 2012 Song - This is the Dream
- 2012 London Olympics Promo
- 2012 London Olympics Venues Time Lapse and Ariel Views
- London Olympics 2012 Time lapse Building Olympic Stadium and Ariels
- Time Lapse of Olympic Rings Planted at Kew Botanical Gardens
On the WWW
- Olympic Themed Resource over at Study Ladder.
- How does the Olympic flame stay alight ?
- Favourite Resources: Summer Olympics 2012 over at Learning All the Time!!
- London 2012 Olympics Teaching Resources over at Project Britain. Your guide to British Life, Culture and Customs.
- Instant Display A growing collection of DOWN LOADABLE Teaching Resources for the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Ready for you to PRINT and display. Some are free some for purchase.
- How to teach ... the London 2012 Olympics over at The Guardian. 16 Links for you to explore.
- 2012 Summer Olympics over at National Geographic Education.
- Official Olympic site.
- Explore Virtual exhibitions of the Olympic Museum.
- International Educational Resources to download.
- 1908, 1948, 2012 LONDON
- 2012 Summer Olympics
- 2012 London Olympic Homeschool Share on Facebook
Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean
With The Olympic Flame In Nottingham June 28 2012
Arial view of Torvill and Dean skate.
What will you be using to teach the Olympics with your children ?
Linking with: Favourite Resources over at Learning all the Time.