Saturday 22 September 2012

HSMJ - Dear Homeschool Mom ...

In my life this week…
 My CBD order finally arrived.  I am so excited about this.

Some friends from New Zealand have come to visit and blessed me with a trip to see the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra presenting Tchaikovsky's Pathétique.

I'm also quiet excited about being able to purchase tickets to take Sir N to see the MSO at Melbourne Zoo next month. (The Carnival of the Animals)

In our homeschool this week…
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
  • Have you ever felt overwhelmed with how to do it all and fit it all in ?  Nadene over at Practical Pages has written a great blog post on this very issue called: Theme for the Day. Nadene writes :
    Most homeschool moms plan to do it all …
    but most weeks, we fall short,
    fall behind …
    My secret to fitting in most of the extras in our curriculum is to
    do “One More Thing” after our basics …
    We have a …
    Theme for the Day
  • A great series of articles on Nature Journaling broken down into stages.
    Introduction
    Stage 1- See and Identify (ages 6-9)
    Stage 2- Taxonomy and Description (ages 10-14)
    Stage 3- Style and Create (ages 15+)  
  • Are you teaching High School Physics ?  If so have a look at Smarter Every Day on YouTube.  Dusten does slow mo clips with detailed physics explanations.
I am inspired by…
  • So very many blog posts this week I don't even know where to begin :)
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • Saturday -We visited my Mom and Dad and had a family BBQ to celebrate my brothers birthday.  It was so much fun seeing all the cousins playing together.
  • Sunday
  • Monday - Monday was CHEF where the kids played and the Mums shared curriculum ideas and talked about Picnics anywhere.
  • Tuesday - We took a trip to the Melbourne Museum with the T family to see the Wonders of Ancient Mesopotamia exhibition. If you are taking your children with you I recommend that you hire a Kids Audio Guide for $7 and follow the Family Trail. The afternoon saw the boys partake in Kelly Sports and receive their certificates of participation for term III.
  • Wednesday - A good quiet day at home.
  • Thursday - Another day at home followed by a shared dinner with the T family.
  • Friday - Fire Station visit followed by a look around the Fire Fighters Museum and a picnic.

My favorite thing this week was…
What’s working/not working for us…

Questions/thoughts I have…
  • I've been reading Theme for the day and was wondering what do you do to fit it ALL in in your homeschool. I'm seriously thinking of implementing this into our homeschool.
Things I’m working on…
  • Setting up my new planner.
On My Bedside Table ...
  •  From a Distance by Tamera Alexander (Currently free on Kindle)
  • Teaching the Trivium - Harvey and Laurie Bluedorn. I finally bit the bullet and purchased my own copy so I can underline and write notes for myself.
In Bloggy world I’m reading…
I’m cooking…
On Pinterest I found...
  • Robin Sampson who is a homeschool mom of 11 and an author.
  • Nadene from Practical Pages is now on Pinterest.
I’m grateful for…
  • The freedom to stay home full time and be a home maker.
  • Friends who pray for me and my family.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Blessings

Chareen
This post is linking to:

3 comments:

  1. I love these posts. You always have a heap of links for me to explore. Thank you so much for sharing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last quote you shared! The slow mo videos sound realy cool too:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your quote! I am going to "borrow" it if you don't mind. :-) Sounds like a great week- with a trip to the museum, fire station and orchestra! I completely understand the feeling of not being good enough or not getting "enough" done. Good for you for getting the planner. I always tend to start out well with one, but then it sits and I never look at it again. :-( I need to figure out a way to beat this fatigue that has been getting me lately. I hope you have a great weekend, friend! Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥