In my life this week…
Some friends from New Zealand have come to visit and blessed me with a trip to see the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra presenting Tchaikovsky's Pathétique.
I'm also quiet excited about being able to purchase tickets to take Sir N to see the MSO at Melbourne Zoo next month. (The Carnival of the Animals)
In our homeschool this week…
- We read a few books on Fire Safety in preparation for our trip to the Fire station.
- We watched the Slow Mo Guys on YouTube.
Giant 6 ft Water Balloon
How a Slinky Falls
Rubber Bands vs Water Melon
How a Hard Drive works in Slow Motion
- We did a unit study on Fire Safety and went to the Fire station.
- Attended the last session for Kelly Sports.
- Forgot to attend our last swimming lesson for the term ... Sigh
- Have you ever felt overwhelmed with how to do it all and fit it all in ? Nadene over at Practical Pages has written a great blog post on this very issue called: Theme for the Day. Nadene writes :Most homeschool moms plan to do it all …
but most weeks, we fall short,
fall behind …
My secret to fitting in most of the extras in our curriculum is to
do “One More Thing” after our basics …
We have a …
Theme for the Day
- A great series of articles on Nature Journaling broken down into stages.
Stage 1- See and Identify (ages 6-9)
Stage 2- Taxonomy and Description (ages 10-14)
Stage 3- Style and Create (ages 15+)
- Are you teaching High School Physics ? If so have a look at Smarter Every Day on YouTube. Dusten does slow mo clips with detailed physics explanations.
- So very many blog posts this week I don't even know where to begin :)
- Saturday -We visited my Mom and Dad and had a family BBQ to celebrate my brothers birthday. It was so much fun seeing all the cousins playing together.
- Sunday -
- Monday - Monday was CHEF where the kids played and the Mums shared curriculum ideas and talked about Picnics anywhere.
- Tuesday - We took a trip to the Melbourne Museum with the T family to see the Wonders of Ancient Mesopotamia exhibition. If you are taking your children with you I recommend that you hire a Kids Audio Guide for $7 and follow the Family Trail. The afternoon saw the boys partake in Kelly Sports and receive their certificates of participation for term III.
- Wednesday - A good quiet day at home.
- Thursday - Another day at home followed by a shared dinner with the T family.
- Friday - Fire Station visit followed by a look around the Fire Fighters Museum and a picnic.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Having my CBD order arrive.
- I finally bit the bullet and purchased a planner / diary. I have chosen this year to try The Well Planned Day Homeschool Planner. I was a little surprised at it's size but am really happy with it. Too many things have been falling off the brain plate so a diary should help solve this problem.
- The other thing I have purchased is published by Apologia. I purchased Who Is God ? And Can I Really Know Him? as well as Who Am I ? And What Am I Doing Here?
- I've been reading Theme for the day and was wondering what do you do to fit it ALL in in your homeschool. I'm seriously thinking of implementing this into our homeschool.
- Setting up my new planner.
- From a Distance by Tamera Alexander (Currently free on Kindle)
- Teaching the Trivium - Harvey and Laurie Bluedorn. I finally bit the bullet and purchased my own copy so I can underline and write notes for myself.
- Theme for the Day by Nadene.
- Read Books - When all else Fails.
- Read Alouds - The Homeschooling Glue.
- My Friend Charlotte over at Home Educating Family.
- So you Think you can Homeschool. Great humorous look at the life of a homeschooler.
- 7 Ways to Regain Homeschool Perspective.
- Teaching Classical Music for the Musically Challenged Part I
On Pinterest I found...
- Robin Sampson who is a homeschool mom of 11 and an author.
- Nadene from Practical Pages is now on Pinterest.
- The freedom to stay home full time and be a home maker.
- Friends who pray for me and my family.
This post is linking to: