In my life this week…
Paul and I have changed cellphone providers and as a result we both now have new Samsung Galaxy II phones. This in turn inspired me to create an Instagram account. Look me up: chareenr
In our homeschool this week…
- Paul has been reading and completed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. Sir N thought this was the funniest book out and I really enjoyed listening to him giggle his way through the book.
- Paul has just started reading The Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dann
- We also started a unit study on Fire safety and Fireman as we are visiting the Fire station next Friday.
- We watched the Paralympic Opening Ceremony and an inspirational YouTube clip Amazing footless footballer causes a stir in Rio. We also read about him on Godvine.
- We enjoyed Inspector Gadget together too.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- Over at Guilt Free Homeschooling: So You Think You’re Not Smart Enough to Homeschool?
- How is Guilt-Free Homeschooling different from other homeschooling philosophies? Guilt-Free Homeschooling focuses on what works for your family, not what anyone else may be doing. Guilt-Free Homeschooling is all about finding success, making homeschooling work for your family, and producing admirable students. Here are the top 10 ways that Guilt-Free Homeschooling will bring freedom, success, and encouragement to your homeschool...... for the rest of the article go to Guilt Free Homeschooling means FREEDOM.
- The people who shared their insights on Mother Culture.
- Developing a Content Heart over at Golden Acorn Homeschool. Becky has written an encouraging word for us Moms who are on this homeschool Journey. Becky writes: "
Homechooling is a blessing, but it can also be a tremendous challenge, am I right? Meeting the needs of our children as mothers AND teachers is a tall order. We have very little time for ourselves, we have to put up with the whining/crying/moaning of kids who are just being kids, and because they are always at home, we have to deal with constant messes and clean up. It’s enough to make any mom a frazzled, impatient, selfish mess. I know I get that way at times.
Learning not only to be content with this path we have chosen, but learning to be grateful for it as well, is the only way to handle tough days. Here are some ways to help you develop a content heart and beat the every day stress. ..." Pop on over to read what Becky says.
- We have had a semi quiet week and I see it as the quiet before the storm.
- Tuesday - We attended Kelly Sports. I also attended our churches ladies home group for the first time. We are studying the fruit of the Spirit. Great bible study.
- Wednesday - Swimming lessons
- Thursday - We visited the L Family for lunch, the T family for a cuppa and the W family for a catch up. In the evening I attended a meeting to find out about permanent foster care giving via Berry Street.
- Friday - Had lunch at Aunty Mezza and Paul came home early from work. He had some hours in leu and decided to use them. Then off to the Dr's with my firstborn. Please pray we find answers soon. We also returned some library books that were way over due. I think I need to reinvest in library Elf it's certainly cheaper than the fines I manage to get without it.
- Saturday - Hopefully joining the family for a BBQ to celebrate my brothers birthday.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Was booking tickets to go to the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang stage production in February next year. I am so pleased we are going to see this.
This multi-million dollar production remains the longest running musical ever to play at the London Palladium and was nominated for three Olivier Awards, five Tony Awards, ten Outer Critics Circle Awards and four Drama Desk Awards. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang holds the Guinness World Record for the most expensive stage prop ( cost £6.2 million (US$8.9 million) to stage) in the history of British theatre!
Questions/thoughts I have…
- I have been spending time reading and surfing the Simply Charlotte Mason website and really like the ideas there. What are your thoughts on this type of education. I am tired of being tied to a manual.
- A unit study on Fireman and Fire Safety and Fireman with Sir N. I am so pleased to find some great ideas on Pinterest.
- Not as much as usual due to my Internet being down.
- I did complete my first Kindle book Child of the Mist (which is currently FREE in the Kindle store. Please check the price before downloading to make sure it's still free)
- A new fish bake recipe that we are enjoying. I will put it up on the blog soon.
- Some really lovely ideas
- I have been searching for ideas to fill my boards for celebrating the seasons.
I’m grateful for…
- People who are praying for me and my family while I have been too low to do so myself. New friends who are supporting and encouraging me. People who don't know me and yet reach out to encourage.