In my life this week…I had the most wonderful day today. I joined five other homeschool mom's on an annual pilgrimage to Koorong Christian Bookshop. We had a great day of fun, food, fellowship and book shopping. I am looking forward to our trip next year.
|Musem vist to: Living in a Sensory World.|
- We spent the day exploring Healsville Sanctuary.
- Spent the afternoon at Melbourne Museum exploring Living in a Sensory World.
- Read Louis Braille.
- Read Helen Keller. Explored online resources on her life.
- Schoolhouse Review Crew applications for 2013 are now open.
- 100 Seriously Cool Classroom Blogs for Teaching Ideas & Inspiration listed by grade.
- Free lapbook and notebook resources on Homeschool for Free.
- The lives of Helen Keller and Louis Braille. What amazing people. I am even more inspired by the determination of Annie Sullavin who was so instrumental in Helen Keller's life.
- Three weeks till we leave on a trip to North Queensland to see the Solar Eclipse.
- This week we went to Healsville Sanctuary to explore the zoo and had the privilege of spending the night in the Coranderrk. Beautiful. WE are going there next week with a friend to enjoy three days of the zoo and surrounds.
- Today we are going to Melbourne Museum to see Living in a Sensory World.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Taking Sir N to the museum and him not wanting to come home and wanting to keep on exploring the museum.
- I am really enjoying using our Museum Victoria membership for short trips. It is so great to seeing Sir N return home enthused about our day rather than exhausted and frustrated with a looooong day out. I am pleased I made this decision.
Questions/thoughts I have…
- What do you use to teach a second language to non reading students ?? I learned my second language as a five year old and it was so easy. I really wish Rosetta had a pre-reading level available.
- I have just applied to be a part of the School House Review Crew for 2013.
- Instructor's Guide from Sonlight.
- A Child's History of the World.
- Mystery of History Volume 1
- Teaching the Trivium
- Nothing new this week.
- So many interesting things this week. I have been wanting to do current events and founds some excellent resources on Pinterest.
- Social Studies - Blindness
- Blog link up parties of interrest.
- Laura Orak.
I’m grateful for…
- Living in a country where I am free to worship. Free to homeschool. Free to blog. Free to come and go as I please.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
This movie looks really interesting and I am looking forward to going to see it with Paul Monday week.
This post is linking to:
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers - Weekly Wrap Up
iHomeschool - Homeschool Mothers Journal
Hammock Tracks - Its A Wrap
Homegrown Learners - Collage Friday
Ben and Me - Friday Fun Stuff