Tuesday 18 December 2012

TT - Silent Grief


This week ...


Clara Hinton
  • Format:Paperback,
  • Number of Pages:176 pages
  • Vendor:  New Leaf Press
  • Publication Date: 1998
  • ISBN: 089221371X
  • Author Clara Hinton
In the wake of this past weeks tragedy I decided to share this treasure from my bookshelf.  Around four years ago when I was struggling to come to terms with the loss of my baby in miscarriage I went looking for support over at Focus on the Family where I discovered this gem.

Clara gave me permission to grieve for my baby deeply and let me know it was OK to talk about the loss of my child.  She made no bones about the depth of the pain nor the road you need to walk and most of all she helped me understand the depth of grief a parent feels at the loss of their child.  Children are supposed to out live us not die!

Clara speaks from personal experience and the experience of one supporting those on the same journey of losing a child. This little book finally helped me cope with the feelings of loss I felt when my niece died before her first birthday.

If you are experiencing the grief of child loss or are supporting a friend who has lost a child I highly recommend this book to give you tools to support and encourage others on this journey.

 You can find online support at

Blessings


In loving Memory of the Sandy Hook Victims
...
 Welcome to Tuesdays Treasures.  I started these posts as a way of sharing great books in honour of my friend in New Zealand who would arrive with the treasures she had unearthed at her weekly trip to the library!

There are so many wonderful books out there hiding on shelves so I invite you to blog about a book on your shelf, one you're reading or one you found at the library and add your post to Learning All the Time Favourite Resource Link Up


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to add that to my list. I have friends who have lost children and I try to support them however I can. Thank you!

    Lexi-stopping by from the crew

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥