- 3 Eggs Seperated
- 3/4 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 cup of room temperature water
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- Food colouring of your choice
- In bowl one beat the egg whites till stiff peaks form
- In bowl two add sugar to the egg yellow and beat until creamed together.
- Add in water and oil. Beat until well aerated.
- Add in the dry ingredients
- Mix well
- Add in the stiff egg whites
- Fold in
- Choose four colours (or more if you wish) and put 10 ml into each bowl
- Divided the cake mix evenly between each colour and Mix well. Allow to stand for two min.
- Pour the coloured batter into a greased baking pan. We used Wilton Cake Release.
- Form layers of colour until all the batter is in the tin.
- Place in 180'C oven
- Bake for 30 - 45 min until golden brown and a cake skewer comes out clean
- Turn out on a cooling rack and allow to completely cool
- Make up your favourite icing (we used butter icing) and decorate your cake.
What is your favourite sponge cake recipe ?
This post is linking to Try a New Recipe Tuesday.