- Format: Paperback
- Number of Pages:298 pages
- Publisher:HarperCollins Children's Books
- Publication Date:06 February 2002
- ISBN 10:0064400212
- ISBN 13:9780064400213
- Author Meindert Dejong
- Awards: Booklist. Newbery Medal; ALA Notable Children's Book.
- Available from: Book Depository , Rainbow Resource, Sonlight, Amazon
Description of the story
"Why did the storks no longer come to the little Dutch fishing village of Shora to nest? It was Lina, one of the six schoolchildren, who first asked the question, and she set the others to wondering. And sometimes when you begin to wonder, you begin to make things happen. So the children set out to bring the storks back. They had to overcome many obstacles, including the fierce and threatening sea. But they wouldn't give up - and soon their determination and their vision got the whole village working, until at last the dream began to come true. - Book Depository"
- LitWits - Unit Study Wheel on the School
- Free Unit Study Homeschool Share
- More than a story
- The Wheel on the School Squidoo
Welcome to Tuesdays Treasures. I started these posts as a way of sharing great books in honour of my friend in New Zealand who would arrive with the treasures she had unearthed at her weekly trip to the library!
There are so many wonderful books out there hiding on shelves so I invite you to blog about a book on your shelf, one you're reading or one you found at the library. Grab the button for your post and add a link to your post below. I would love to read about your treasures.