In our home school this week…
- We have been working our way through a ton of library books.
- Started back into our drawing class. We are now attempting to draw a face. Mmm let's not tempt fate so we are using a provided outline for this one.
- We are both enjoying our history journey with Veritas history.
- N is working through Science 4 Us
- Much to his excitement N has started his official first round with Minecraft Homeschool. Minecraft does my head in but he is enjoying it. In week one we did orientation and this past week we learned about the Grand Canyon. This week is the Great Barrier Reef.
- I dug out our Learning Vitamins and we are once again doing math drill work.
- I was pleased to discover that Apologia have brought out junior notebooks for their apologetics series.
- We have also started a new learn the piano from home course called Homeschool Piano which has inspired N to play around on the piano.
- Are you studying Antarctica ? If so take a look at 100-Year-Old Negatives Discovered in Block of Ice in Antarctica
- Over at Teachers of Good things you can find 18 Things Charlotte Mason Expected 6 Year Olds to Know (with a Printable)
- I love reading posts like these as they are down to earth and encouraging Confessions of a Homeschool Mom
- Saturday week ago we attended Sing-A-Long-A Sound of Music.
- We experienced Flip Out trampolining for the first time.
- Went Ten Pin bowling.
- Had a birthday. Sir N is now officially nine years old.
- Attended a Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Meet the Orchestra day.
- My sister baked the most amazing minion cake for Sir N's birthday party on Saturday. Be sure to check out her Cake decorating page on Facebook Sunflower Creations Cake
- Seeing this beautiful prom dress a high school senior painted by hand. She painted Vincent Van Gough's Starry Starry Night painting on her dress. Beautiful.
- So very proud of Sir N a photograph he took at Werribee Zoo was featured on their Facebook page. It has had 890 likes and 50 shares.
- What are your thoughts on teaching and learning Latin ?
- Read about our first book study guide. We did Frog and Toad Together.
- Here is a video update on the Justina Pelletier case.
- This is such a neat idea. Three Irish Guys. 23 Countries. 1 EPIC dance Video.
- I enjoyed reading this story of a teacher who reached out and learned an important life lesson from a little boy in her class The Power of Purpose Elizabeth Silance Ballard
- Read something similar before but it's good to be reminded every now and then. Giving Up on S**
- Have you heard about Solar Roadways ? I have seen glimmers of this over the past few months and thought it was all a hoax. I've done a little research and found out a little more. Sounds very interesting.
- Father's Day gifts from the heart, not the wallet There are some great ideas in this list.
- With it being summer in the Northern Hemisphere I found this neat little list this week 101 Non-electric things for kids to do when they're bored
- 7 Foods That Are Great For Natural Weight Loss
- Interesting perspective of people. I enjoyed watching this video about racism Black Man Brings White Girlfriend Into Harlem Barbershop. Watch What Happens Next.
- I really enjoyed looking at what people have done to convert these containers into homes and it was good reading this 10 things to consider before using shipping containers for your project
- Found this an interesting read: See How Quickly It Took Detroit’s Neighborhoods to Change in Then-and-Now Photos From Google Street View. I learned about urban decline in geography in school but here are some photo's from Google street view that show it in progress. Be sure to click over to the original blog.
I enjoyed watching this update of their lives. You can jump to 7:35 for the update.
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor