In my life this week…
- I'm in the process of rearranging our Learning Space in order for today's show and tell in the Not Back to School Party.
- I was interviewed over at FinchNWren this week. If you would like to know things like
- How I got started in my blogging adventure ?
- Why is my blog called Every Bed of Roses ?
- Do I have a favourite topic ?
- How did Paul and I meet ?
- Why did we decide to home educate ?
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- Have you seen Nadene's blog ? She blogs over at Practical Pages.
- Love this idea for an Organised & Portable Art Supplies Caddy
- School Supply Organizer
- Let's Wins a Sonlight Core Together!
In our home School this week…
- We have continued reading A Child's History of the World by Virgil Hillyer
- Enjoyed a couple of Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Anderson.
- We are looking at a few resources on dinosaurs because we are planning a trip to Walking with Dinosaurs next month.
- In science this week we focused our learning on the sun. We are enjoying using Solar System and Exploring Creation with Astronomy.
- In History we are reading Egyptian Diary - The Journal of Nakht lovely twaddle free book on the culture and life of a scribe in Ancient Egypt.
- Nathaniel and I are painting the dogs kennel.
- Learning about the alphabet using flags.
- Reading a beautiful edition of The Iliad and the Odyssey.
My favourite thing this week was…
- "She understood the value of practicing self-care and she didn’t feel guilty for taking that time. My mom was born with a God-given artistic talent and she flourished when she made time for her art..." read more over at How Pursuing Your Gifts Impacts Your Children
- How Do You Love A Child Who is Hard to Love?
- Letters from a Foster Mum...the journey begins...
Things I’m working on…
- I am contemplating joining in Sketch Tuesday over at Harmony Fine Arts Mom.
On the WWW I’m reading…
- Extraordinary moment Australian woman pulled her own twins from her tummy during caesarean delivery - and they're her tenth and eleventh babies
- Blogging Tips
- Even the co-stars of the movie think 50 Shades of Grey is awful
- A Psychiatrist’s Letter to Young People about Fifty Shades of Grey
- To the Parent of the Unvaccinated Child Who Exposed My Family to Measles Some points I had not thought about, how ever I do NOT agree with all she had to say. Firstly I resent the assumption that the child who had measles was un-vaccinated . There are many who are vaccinated who still get the disease they were vaccinated against. Case in point. BOTH my oldest got chicken pox and both were vaccinated against it !
- Justina Pelletier facing more medical problems so sad :'(
- Do you agree with this list : 7 Sure-Fire Ways to Chase People Away from Your Blog
- I am wanting to try this Vanilla Cake Mix (THM FP)
Connect with me
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor
A Week In Review Link UP
Join Lisa and I each week and share your week in review. We look forward to reading about your
- Week in Review
- Field Trips
- School Work
- Homeschool projects
- And anything homeschool related.