It has been a very busy first week back at school and I am looking forward to a slower pace in the week ahead.
I enjoyed an amazing day out photographing over at the Dragon's Head on the other side of Melbourne.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- Partner with me and Win a full year of Sonlight Curriculum for you AND a friend in the MOM to MOM Curriculum Giveaway. You can read how this works over here: Let's Win a Sonlight Core Together!
In our home School this week…
- We had a six monthly review at the Children's Hospital
- We spent some time on the SBS on demand channel and watched (Please note these are direct links and will expire by the end of February 2015):
New Secrets of the Terracotta Warriors,
How Big is the Universe?
Walking Through History with Tony Robinson - Episode 1 Stonehenge
Air Crash Detectives
- Started using Math Analogies Level 1 by the Critical Thinking Co.
- Oral hygiene lesson at the dentist
- We started Science with Visual Learning Systems.
- Continued reading an original version of Hans Christian Anderson Fairy Tales in the Companion Library. We both decided that the original Thumbelina (Tiny) and we love the pictures in the modern version.
- We finished the unabridged audio book for Treasure Island and decided to watch the Disney Classic version of Treasure Island. I was impressed with how closely it followed the original story line.
- Paul and Nathaniel are still reading Jungle Doctor On the Hop by Paul White
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- We went to see the Sandsculpting event down in Frankston.
- A wonderful day at Science Works. We explored the new under the deep oceans display.
- Started at Boys Brigade. I am very impressed with this activity. It was well organised and disciplined. I loved the scriptural perspective.
- Nathaniel had a check up and oral hygiene lesson at the dentist.
I am so pleased. Paul has started blogging again. I love to see the world from his perspective. He is a passionate birder and wildlife enthusiast. Seeing the world through his lens is one of the things that I appreciate on Instagram. As a zookeeper at Werribee Open Range Zoo he has had some amazing experiences. One of them being hand raising Serval cats. If you have children who love wildlife then I invite you to come and follow his blog: Bush Tales by Paul.
|* Regent Bowerbirds at Lamington National Park|
Things I’m working on…
On the WWW I’m reading…
- Father Refuses To Give Up Down’s Syndrome Son Abandoned By His Wife At Birth loved reading about this fathers dedication and even more touched by those who reached out and helped him get home.
- I'm loving watching the progress of the Gardner Quadruplets.
- I agree some people are just born with it and for other's it's caused through a raft of other interventions. I Know What Causes Autism
- I've been hearing a lot of talk about this post and finally found it How To Discipline A Child – The Rubber Band Method
- I love truth spoken well and this is one of those articles that is well worth reading even if you have not read the novel To everyone who thinks 50 Shades is all sorts of awesome: Please, stop and THINK
- This week I'm in planning mode. I'm intending to try and stick to Trim Healthy Mama and start moving all these extra kilograms that are making life hard emotionally and physically.
- I'm considering giving this a try this coming week Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Cake
* Photograph by Ben of Paul with Regent Bowerbirds
Connect with me
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor
A Week In Review Link UP
Join Lisa and I each week and share your week in review. We look forward to reading about your
- Week in Review
- Field Trips
- School Work
- Homeschool projects
- And anything homeschool related.