Friday 30 December 2016

Looking Back at 2016

Wow I can't believe it's the end of 2016!  My space here on my blog has not been as consistent as I would have liked and this is something I aim to change in the new year.  Looking back I have come to realise a few things.



In Our Home ...
God opened a door and blessed Paul with a ticket to go home to South Africa to care for his elderly parents for two months.

He has also been selected to do a Fellowship with Zoo's Victoria and go to Tasmania in the near future for ten days.

We enjoyed a lovely week of holidays in March and a second week in October.   I'm still very tired which has made me realise that I've taken on far too much this year.

In Our Homeschool We ...
We did attend a few trips this year although I did not manage to share our journey as regularly as I had hoped.  I have heaps of photographs languishing on my computer.  This is something I hope to change in the new year with a few Throw Back and Field Trip posts. One trip we did enjoy was viewing 200 Years of Australian Fashion

We have continued with art class and explored new things each week.  I hope to continue sharing our adventures each week in the Virtual Fridge link up 
 
Personally I have ...
  • Completed my first year as a leader with the Homeschool Review Crew. It has been fabulous getting to know my co-leaders and learning new skills.
  • I have learned how to use Picmonkey and how to blog on WordPress!  
  • My Facebook page finally clicked over to 1,000 likes
  • I've resurrected my photography Instagram account Macro_Passion.

On This Blog 
My top ten posts this year have been
 Top five search terms
A Question to Ask
As I contemplate the year ahead I'm wondering whether to start doing the Homeschool Mother's Journal again.  Is this something you would like to see continued here ?

Blessings
Chareen


Homeschool Review Crew Reflecting on 2016
You're invited to share about your year in review and link up with the Homeschool Review Crew. This link up goes live on Friday 30th December at 8 am EST.

11 comments:

  1. Is Homeschool mothers journal like a weekly wrap up? If do, yes. Do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we grow, our commitments change, don't they? You are a fabulous lead for us on the Crew and we are blessed by you and your knowledge. Thanks for all you do! - Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. It is amazing how commitments change all the time.

      Delete
  3. I loved your Homeschool Mother's Journal posts as they were full of interest and useful resources. It would be lovely to see these again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. I think I shall try and revive them again in the new year

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the 1000 Likes and learning WP, that one still scares me! Here's to an amazing 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie :) It still scares me too :D Yes here is to a great 2017

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on all your accomplishments in 2016! I especially appreciate your leadership with the Crew, of course! :-D If you bring back your Homeschool Mother's Journal posts, I'd be so delighted to have you link up at Homeschool Highlights each week - I enjoy seeing what others do from week to week. Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While your Mother's Homeschool Journal sounds very interesting and insightful, I want to encourage you to make sure you are taking care of yourself first. We can't take care of others if we deplete ourselves and don't make time to renew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your year. The Homeschool Mother's Journal sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥