- Format Paperback | 128 pages
- Dimensions 138 x 212 x 12mm | 181.44g
- Publication date 15 Jun 2011
- Publisher JESSICA KINGSLEY PUBLISHERS
- Publication City/Country London, United Kingdom
- Language English
- Edition Revised
- Edition statement 2nd Revised edition
- ISBN10 1849052034
- ISBN13 9781849052030
Table of Contents
1. What is Asperger Syndrome?
2. What signs might a child display?
3. What are some general strategies for the classroom?
4. What are some individual strategies for the pupil?
5. How can I help the pupil with AS to learn?
6. What about homework?
7. How do I help the child's stress?
8. What should the Teacher Aide be focusing on?
9. Who else in the school needs to know?
10. What should happen before the child changes class or school?
11. How can the wider school help?
12. Am I qualified to teach this child?
I want to know more - where should I start?
Further Reading. References. Websites. Resources.
Some common conditions associated with Asperger Syndrome.
If you have a child that you know with Asperger Syndrome or if your own child has been diagnosed, this book is well worth reading. This book is a quick and empowering read.
Here are some other resources we have been encouraged with: