Wednesday 5 June 2019

Join the Homeschool Review Crew! {Mid-Year Intake Now Open}

Morning Home Educating Friends.It's been a while since I've shared around here and for good reason too.  We have been in South Africa celebrating milestone birthday's with family and reconnecting with friends.  I am home now and feeling refreshed from the time away.  I wanted to let you know that the Homeschool Review Crew have opened a mid-year application to join their ranks.
Homeschool Review Crew Mid-Year Application to Join
I initially joined the Crew in 2013 and loved it so much I have now been part of the crew for six years.

As a home educator I understand how tight finance can be and wanting to try out new products or wanting to look at products to see if they would work for our family.  Being a part of the Crew ment I could do this without spending any money.

How does it work?

The thing I enjoy about being a part of the Crew is that I am independent. I am never forced to review a product I really don't want and I am not told what to write.  My reviews are honest and I share truthfully.
  • Each week via a private members forum I am introduced to a new product, told what is expected of me as a reviewer for the product.
  • Once I have researched the product I fill in a Vendor Interest Forum (via Google Docs) where I notify the leadership of my desire for a product and why it would be a good fit for our family.
  • If there is a product that is not a good fit for our family I use the same form to let Debra (Crew Manager) know.  This takes very little of my time.
  • Once a week the leadership notify us via the same forum if we have been selected to receive a product.  
  • Via the same forum we are provided with all the support and information we need to successfully use a product and write our reviews.
  • Once a review is written we get to keep the product and use it at our discretion.

Benefits of being on the Homeschool Review Crew

  • I get to use home educating materials and keep them.
  • Support from the Crew Leadership and a mentor I can contact any time.
  • 24-hour access to a private membership forum
  • Membership to SchoolhouseTeachers.com which has over 400 classes for my homeschool.
  • A copy of the  The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine every three months.  

Can I join if I'm not in the USA?

Yes!  I live in Australia.  Some of the Vendors post their products internationally and some do not.  Most digital products are available to international home educators.  Eligibility for product is determined by the Vendor.

What types of Product does the Crew Review?

The Crew review products that are home education related.  On occassion they have reviewed products designed to bless the Mom or Dad only.  The products range from physical to digital curriculum. I have loved every-single-product I have every received and been surprised by the variety of products on the market today for home educating families. You can see some of the products the Homeschool Review Crew have reviewed so far in 2019 here.  You can have a look at our top products for 2018 (as voted by the Crew) in the 2018 Blue Ribbon Awards.

What criteria makes you elegible to be on the Crew?

  • You need to LOVE looking at new curriculum and telling your friends about it.
  • Either a Blog or a Vlog channel.
  • A social media platform.
For more detailed information on the Crew and it's requirements please take a look at:  Apply to Join the Homeschool Review Crew! {2019 Crew Mid-Year Intake}

How do you join the team?

Fill in the  Homeschool Review Crew Mid-Year Application Form via Google Docs.  If you are successful you will receive an official inviatation from the Crew Leadership to join the team.

I do hope you will join me on the Crew I love meeting homeschooling families who blog and look forward to reviewing home schooling products with you for the remainder of the 2019 year.

Blessings
Chareen


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥