|East African Chicken|
- 1 small chicken
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of Basmati rice (or white rice)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Onion finally chopped
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 1 green capsicum chopped
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Optional (cream)
- Optional 1 punnet Mushrooms sliced.
- Put mixed herbs, salt, chicken in a pot cover with water and boil gently till chicken is well cooked.
- Keep chicken stock to one side.
- De bone chicken and cut up chicken, set aside.
- Put rice and 1/2 the chicken stock in a pot and cook. Add more hot water if needed.
- In another pot add butter, onion and capsicum. Stir on low heat till onions are soft and tender.
- Add in the peanut butter and thoroughly mix in.
- Add in the chicken stock (and some cream for a more creamy flavour)
- Add in the chicken. Simmer for 15 min for flavours to seep together.
- Optional add in mushrooms and cook for 10 min.
- Mix cornflour in some cold water and add to chicken mix to thicken
I do not like peanut butter but I love this recipe.
This post is linking with Growing Home Teach Me Tuesdays, Our Simple Country Life 3 Year Birthday Bash, Comfy in the Kitchen Featured Post Top 3 Link Up, Little Natural Cottage Natural Living Link Up, The Singing Sparrow Food Friday
This recipe contains peanuts.