|Melbourne Skyline at 8AM this morning.|
I am excited as it's my birthday this weekend and my family have been scheming about my present ! I have also been feeling a little out of equilibrium as I can't believe I'm turning 40! My time definitely flies and I never quiet saw myself as being here right now.
watched an episode of: Race to the Olympics , Episodes 4 & Episode 5
In our homeschool this week…
- We have continued with Abeka Math and progressed onto learning to tell the time.
- Slowly worked our way through Core A.
- We watched an excellent video called: Secretariat which is based on a true story. Really interesting.
- Listened to the audio book: Nate the Great.
- I have been looking over the Sonlight website as I am wanting to update my Core B to use with Sir N in the new year and I am looking at using Piano Wizard for him.
- Twaddle Free Literature by Grade
- Artist of the Week for KidsInformation and links on various artists with links to learn more and to projects to explore.
- The Temptation to Stuff the Student
- Top Ten Favourite Read Alouds from Homeschool Grads. Great list of books from three graduates.
- Stargazing for Everyone over at How to Homeschool my Child.
- When Younger Moms are the New Titus 2 Women over at The Good Life. What a well written and balanced post. I came away encouraged and refreshed. A woman who has put into words the secret things of my heart and made them not so scary and normal. (Point five spoke volumes to me as I am walking this road at the moment)
- This week has marked the beginning of swimming lessons for this term for us.
- The T family came over to help us celebrate Sir N achieving his Maxi Pink certificate for swimming last week.
- Paul has been home and we have enjoyed a few free DVDs from the local library.
- Sir N and I went to the library to find some more books to explore upcoming topics. (Olympics, England, London,)
- We visited my sister for breakfast this morning :)
- We are counting the days till we leave to explore Australia and see a solar eclipse in Queensland.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Seeing how excited Sir N was to go with his Dad to shop for a birthday gift for me.
- Moving all the books off the shelf in the lounge back into the rumpus room and then using this space to store all the library books we have brought home from the library.
Questions/thoughts I have…
- Do you have a Pinterest ? If so please leave a link in the comments so I can pop on over and follow some of your boards.
- Reorganising my Pinterest boards so I can more easily find my pins. Some of my boards are far to broad in the subject area.
- Shutter Speak 2 over at Amongst Lovely Things. A little bit about photography.
- When do you read aloud ?
- the blog How to Homeschool my Child.
- How to avoid becoming over whelmed by Beverley Paine
- Words of explanation - two generations in a row over at Living, Laughing, Loving, Learning.
- My List of Excellent Christian Parenting Books over at Women Living Well.
- Milk Tart
- Lamb shank casserole.
- My own chicken stock. This was fun I did it overnight in my crock pot.
- Christine has a great variety of Homeschool boards.
- Tiffany @ The Learning Effect.
- Marci Cawley has some wonderful Homeschool boards for you to browse and pin from.
I’m grateful for…
- Lori over at Always Learning and her encouraging posts. On Monday I read: Is He really that Bad ? Great reminder to us as wives and mothers to make our homes a sanctuary.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
“In discussing preparation, may I also encourage you to avoid a temptation that faces almost every teacher . . . That is the temptation to cover too much material, the temptation to stuff more into the hour—or more into the students—than they can possibly hold!” - Elder Jeffrey R.
This post is linking to:
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers