In my life this week…Please pray for us. My eldest son is having some serious health issues and we are in need of specialist appointments and I am anxious for answers and solutions.
As of now my son has been in hospital since Wednesday and so far all the tests have come back negative. (In most ways this is a good thing but at the same time it means that we still don't know why he has no feeling / movement in his legs from mid thigh down.) We definitely need a revelation as to what is going on.
On a positive note however I placed my order with Sonlight and had the experience of our items arriving in under four days!
In our homeschool this week…
- We did a fire safety experiment and worked on completing our firesafety Notebook pages and Unit Study.
- We started our Who Is God ? And Can I Really Know Him? apologetics course from Apologia.Sir N is thrilled with his new Notebook and the stories.
iHomeschool Network is hosting a FREE printable link up party extravaganza.
Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler currently has World's Greatest Artists Vol 1 and World's Greatest Artisits Vol II for FREE until Sunday.
I am inspired by…
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- Saturday -I accompanied my friend to see the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. The music was beautiful.
- Sunday - Went for a trip to the beach with friends who came to visit.
- Monday - Was a good day at home and in the evening I visited my sister with a friend who gave us a tutorial in making an explosion album. I had fun learning to do this. Sir N also did exercise class with the L family.
- Tuesday - We stayed home. It's school holidays and we are resting. YAY
- Wednesday - Spent the whole day at hospital with no 1 son.
- Thursday - spent the afternoon at the hospital. Still no answers.
- Friday - Spent a few hours at the hospital and went out my mom.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Having my first born in hospital with no answers and him wanting to check himself out.
Questions/thoughts I have…
- Fire Safety Unit Study.
- A blog post on composition in the high school years for the Home School the High School blog Carnival which will be on Monday.
- I finished reading From a Distance by Tamera Alexander (Currently free on Kindle) while at the hospital with Mr T on Wednesday.
- I have a few books but have not read much since Wednesday due to no 1 son's hospitalization.
- I have been poking around the free printing link up over at iHomeschool Network.
- Not much. I have been blessed with two cooked meals from a friend.
- A few more pins of interest. I have been gathering resources to teach Shakespeare in the future with Sir N.
- The prayer warriors on the Sonlight Forums as well as my friends and family who are praying for Mr T while he is in hospital.
In the introduction to A Child's History of the World in the introduction the author says this about teaching a child only about their own countries history:
"It only promotes a narrow-mindedness and an absurd conceit, based on utter ignorance of any other peoples and any other times - an intolerant egotism without foundation or fact." Virgil M. Hillyer.
This post is linking to: