In our home school this week…
- We joined another homeschool family and baked ANZAC biscuits because Thursday was ANZAC day here in Australia.
- Sir N went on a day trip on a boat into the bay. He enjoyed fishing and learning about boat safety on the harbour.
- Paul met the rep from Disney Australia who sent him two DVD's. We enjoyed watching: African Cats and Chimpanzee
- Did you know that there is a Digital Public Library of America ? It has an Exhibition, Map, Timeline, Explore (by place, by date) and Apps section.
- Delight Directed Learning by Lee Binze is currently FREE at Amazon (eBook)
- The Mother-load of Homeschooling Advice over at Grace-Filled Homeschooling
- The 382 edition of Carnival of Homeschooling is up this week with some great homeschool support information.
- Have you seen this page on PlanetPals.com ? Great Non Toxic Alternatives for Crafting.
- My friend Jo from over at Princess Warrior Lessons. Jo is a blog friend whose transparency God is using to bring healing to my heart and soul. I love her with all my heart and this week she shared the depth of the pain in her heart with Broken Friendship Wounds. I've been on the run from a similar demon my whole life. Thank you Jo you are an amazing Princess of the most High and I wish we lived closer so we could do life, coffee and kids together.
- All the work that goes on behind the scenes to make the Old School House Review Crew function so well.
- To my sister's place to celebrate her youngest daughters birthday.
- To the airport to see Aunty M and Uncle N off with their two daughters they are going to Canada for a holiday :)
- To another family to help with their garden project
- Three home school families came to visit us.
- Cousins birthday party
- Kelly Sports
- Seeing Sir N enjoying spending time with his dad.
- Listening to this YouTube Clip over at Sara Mae's For When you could use a Maid
- The cold weather and cuddles on the couch reading.
Questions/thoughts I have…
- What sorts of things would you like to see talked about on homeschool blogs ?
- Two reviews for the new week.
- I have been reading The New Christian Parenting Handbook. Don't forget to enter my giveaway.
- Connect the Thoughts
- I watched Julie & Julia with my sister this week and wanted to read the original blog which was written by Julie Powell, only to find that it's no longer on line. I did however find a site called Wayback Machine which an archive of the internet. Did you know they did that ?? It was interesting to see Julie's original writing about cooking through Julia Child's cookbook.
- Susan's Live Writer Tutorials I just wish this was available for Windows 8
- Aslan is on the move in Sarah's life by Sally Clarkson
- Today I decided to stop . . . over at Princess Warrior Lessons
- This article brought me to tears :( ‘This is so hard. Oh, God, it’s so hard!’: nurses tell of aborted babies born alive
- I was a little surprised by this list of The 10 Most Literate Countries in the World
- The U.S. Government wants to deport this homeschool family
- Lots of warm food it's definitely Autumn (fall) in Melbourne.
I’m grateful for…
- My homeschool and blog friends who encourage me and pray for me. Thank you.
To see more of Pentatonix YouTube clips and bio see their official website. Amazing group.
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor