I was blessed with the opportunity to host the Masterbook Friday Giveaway. I ♥♥♥ their books.
In our home school this week…
- We started homeschooling with two of the cousins! So much fun and at the same time the dynamic is different. I'm finding it encouraging and inspirational to find my things and use them well.
- Continued reading and learning about Monet because we want to go to the gallery next week to see his paintings. I'm looking forward to doing some art projects with the children on Monday.
- Started back with history Story of the World. Learned about the first uniting king of Egypt. (Narmer/Mene's)
- Did handwriting assessments and spelling.
- Had fun beginning our first Jackie French book - The Camel Who Crossed Australia
- We watched Thomas The Less' History of the World - Pharaoh Narmer (Menes)
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- Mary hosted a 5 days of Teaching Music over Homegrown Learners this week.
- Free Australia Map printables over at Suzie's Home Education Ideas. This is a great new blog and I would encourage you to get on board and follow Suzie who is regularly adding new FREE printables.
- The Book Depository is celebrating 40 years of Usborne Books with a give away.
I am inspired by…
- Have American Parents Got It All Backwards? over at Huffington Post The BLOG Take out the word American and I think this summerises most affluent countries today and speaks to the very heart of what most home educating families know. So good to read something that encourages us to allow our children to be.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- Sport (Tennis and Kelly Sports)
- Stayed home because I was sick for four days
- Went to Melton Reservoir and explored for the afternoon.
- Looking over some beautiful night sky photographs over at Australian Geographic.
Things I’m working on…
- Preparing for my trip to the Simpson Desert in three weeks time.
- A crash course in Trauma recovery over at The Corner on Character.
- Mothering an Unbeliever over at Becoming a Strong Woman of God.
- Peek at New Book Trailer (Looking for Reviewers and Affiliates for Three Decades of Fertility) over at Visionary Womanhood
- 5 things I've learned as a veteran home educator over at Royal Little Lambs
- Messy to Manageable in just a few minutes over at Through the Calm and Through the Storm.
- 10 Reasons or More for Loving Marriage over at The Time Warp Wife
- Growing in the Word: Thorns vs Highways over at Crystal Starr
- 103 Ways to improve your blog in 15 minutes or less over at Osmosio
- Actually I have not been. My sister has blessed me this week and been cooking for us. I am however looking over a gift copy of Simplified Dinners and look forward to using it and hosting a giveaway for one of you to win a copy.
On Pinterest I found...
- Not quite on Pinterest but a list of Homeschoolers using Pinterest over at the Homeschool Chicks website.
I’m grateful for…
- All of YOU who voted for us in the Circle of Mom's Top 25 Homeschooling Mom's voting. I appreciate the votes cast. Every Bed of Roses came equal 42 with three other blogs out of 81 homeschooling blogs.
Mark your calendar. . .
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor