We have been anticipating this months study for a while now and we are looking forward to exploring what all the other Poppins Book Nook families have done to make studying pirates an adventure.
Pirates of old have always piqued my curiosity and we have learned a lot about these people over the course of the last few months. I found it interesting that Kings and Queens of days gone by employed pirates to patrol their coast lines as they could not afford a full navy they relied on these free seaman to protect their borders.
Pirates too are the inspiration behind many a tall tale as well as the villains in many a classical tale.
We found these three at the library
- Pirates and Pirates Galore
- 100 Things You Should Know About Pirates by Andrew Langley
- Treasure Island: Pirate Attack
Since little boys love pirates I found these two at a bargain price
In April we went to a Pirate Themed birthday party. It was so much fun to see all the creative things you can do at a Pirate Party! At the party Sir N dug for treasure, walked the plank, followed a treasure map, tossed the hoop and many more fun things. I was inspired after this wonderful birthday to see what ideas Kara's Party Ideas has
- Pirate Themed 2nd Birthday Party
- Jake & The Neverland Pirates 4th Birthday Party
- Pirate Themed Birthday Party
- Peter Pan + Neverland Party
- Jake And The Neverland Pirates Birthday Party
- Peter Pan (1960) musical
- Lego Pirate Movie
- LEGO Pirates! full movie.
- True Caribbean Pirates Henry Morgan to Blackbeard History Channel Documentary
- Pirates Of The Caribbean Heart Pounding Documentary
- THE GREAT SHIPS: PIRATE SHIPS - Discovery/History/Science (documentary)
- Sin City Jamaica - Pirate Paradise . . : : Documentary : : . .
If you have children that love puzzles be sure to check out Puzzle Pirates. There are over 20 puzzles for them to play and work on their logic skills. My first two loved being pirates and I enjoyed sailing!
FREE Lap Pack
Jill from over at Enchanted Homeschooling Mom has made this FREE Poppins Book Nook pack for you with Pirate Theme.
- An official interactive Poppins Book Nook bookmark for this month’s theme
- This month’s Passport pages to add to your lapbook
- Several lapbook elements centered around Pirates
- Reading response writing prompt
Looking forward to reading your adventures
Connect with me
Your Poppins Book Nook Co-hosts
Enchanted Homeschooling Mom ~ 3 Dinosaurs ~ To the Moon and Back ~ Planet Smarty Pants ~ Farm Fresh Adventures ~ Growing in God's Grace ~ Chestnut Grove Academy ~ Learning and Growing the Piwi Way ~ The Usual Mayhem~ Preschool Powol Packets ~ Monsters Ed Homeschool Academy ~ Adventures in Mommydom ~ Teach Beside Me ~ Life with Moore Babies ~ Kathy's Cluttered Mind ~ Are We There Yet? ~ Our Crafts N Things ~ Hopkins Homeschool ~ ABC Creative Learning ~ Joy Focused Learning ~ P is for Preschooler ~ Laugh and Learn ~ A Mommy's Adventures ~ Inspiring 2 New Hampshire Children ~ World for Learning ~ Ever After in the Woods ~ Golden Grasses ~ Our Simple Kinda Life ~ A glimpse of our life ~ Journey to Excellence ~ Happy Little Homemaker ~ Little Homeschool Blessings ~ Simplicity Breeds Happiness ~ Raventhreads ~ Water on the Floor ~ Learning Fundamentals ~ Tots and Me ~ As We Walk Along The Road ~ Stir the Wonder ~ For This Season ~ Where Imagination Grows ~ Lextin Academy ~ The Canadian Homeschooler ~ School Time Snippets ~ Peakle Pie ~ Mom's Heart ~ A Moment in our World ~ Finchnwren ~ At Home Where Life Happens ~ Suncoast Momma ~ The Library Adventure ~ Embracing Destiny ~ Day by Day in our World ~ Our Homeschool Studio ~ A "Peace" of Mind ~ Thou Shall Not Whine ~ SAHM I am ~ eLeMeNo-P Kids ~ Simple Living Mama
Poppins Book Nook Clip Art by Melon Headz
Connect with the Poppins Book Nook at