The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.
In my life this week…
In our homeschool this week…
- This week we have started learning about Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973)(this site has some interesting fun facts about Picasso.) and I was surprised to learn that he was still alive when I was born. Sir N was intrigued with the comparison of two of his paintings. We looked at The Altar Boy 1896 and Boy in Sailor Suit with Butterfly Net 1938 and he could not believe that when Picasso was younger his paintings looked more like that of an older more mature person and his paintings when he was older looked like a primary school age child had painted them.
- Making animal foot print casts this week with Sir N.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- Are you feeling under pressure ? If so have a careful slow look around you and see what unwritten code of life you are being subtly influenced to live up to. Sometimes the homeschool groups we are involved in can be the boulder that is drowning us.
I am inspired by…
- Our Simple Country Life hosted by Esther. I especially enjoy her blog host Hearts for Home Thursdays where I have found some great posts from other bloggers. Esther is currently hosting a Christmas Cookie Swap.
- Growing Home hosted by Jacinda. Jacinda has a passion to encourage and build up woman at home. She hosts a Teach Me Tuesdays blog hop which has inspired and encouraged me often. She is also currently partaking in 31 Days of Generosity.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- This week has been a quieter week for us which is good because I am feeling very tired. We visited my mother who is in hospital recovering from surgery.
- Later today we are going to pretend we are postal delivery workers and secretly drop Christmas cards into peoples post boxes.
- Driving 3 hours north of Melbourne to fetch my dad's car which has been repaired.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Watching Sir N delight in wrapping Christmas gifts for his older siblings and father.
- Making a Christmas card for his Grandparents without any prompting from me.
- Walking 10 km in the Sussan Women's Fun Run 2011
- Being award with the Versatile Blogging award.
- Making magnetic Jesse Tree
- Watching Sir N colour in his own Jesse Tree ornaments.
What’s working /
- Cuddling on the couch reading stories together.
- Doing math first thing after breakfast and not waiting till after lunch.
Questions/thoughts I have…
- I am constantly amazed at the goodness of our God and His timing in our lives. I have been thinking about what I want to do with my blog and where I want to take it. I ♥ blogging. I really enjoy the digital challenges it presents. I love to find information and thrive on finding positive information and passing it on to my friends. But I am struggling to find balance. The balance between family, blogging, house work, schooling etc.
- I have been really blessed over at Sarah Mae's blog Like A Warm Cup of Coffee where she is hosting a guest blogger by the name of Laura. Laura has written a thoughtful series titled: Social Media Behave. I have really enjoyed these posts as she has taken something so pertinent to where I am at and given me positive steps to set healthy boundaries.
Things I’m working on…
- Finding a healthy balance in blogging, motherhood, friendships and spiritual walk.
- Gingerbread Houses this afternoon. (Tutorial this Sunday)
I’m grateful for…
- Healthy Children
- Encouraging friendships.
Please stand with me in prayer for:
- My Mom who is recovering from surgery and is in hospital
- Our application to immigrate to Australia and become permanent residents.
This post is linked to: The Homeschool Mothers Journal Blog Party