Tuesday 31 July 2012

To My Dad and Mom

Dennis & Kathleen (1970)
© Ellie Kelsch

Growing up I've learnt about love,
I've been surrounded by it everyday.
I'm so glad you've both found it,
And it's why we're here today.

They say there's secrets to a good marriage,
That there are rules to obey,
But the most important rules of love,
Are what you two do everyday.

It's the ''hey babes'' in the morning,
It's how she makes his tea,
It's the way he smiles at her,
Such a sweet thing to see.

It's never being to old to hold hands,
Or to watch movies on the couch,
It's accepting all the flaws,
Even when the other's a grouch.

It's telling him he's not going grey,
It's the ''You look fine in those jeans''
It's ignoring the mid-life crisis,
and all her little ''scenes''.

It's facing the world as one,
And it's more than love at first sight,
It's together being a family,
Each and every day and night.

It's the way he looks into her eyes,
It's the way that she looks too,
It's why they stand before us,
and it's why they said ''I do''.

And now I stand here today,
On this important moment in life,
With two people very in love,
Now husband and wife.

Growing up, I've learnt about love,
and seeing it today proves it true,
You've both taught me so much,
And I'd be lucky to be half as happy as you.


I Love you Mom and Dad.  Congratulations on your 42nd wedding anniversary.

Love
Chareen

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful poem of truth! Thank you for your wishes. Children sure are a heritage from the Lord. We have been so blessed with our beautiful children and Grand children.
    Love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥