In my life this week…It had a busy start to the week with a meeting about developing a website for a bi-annual ladies retreat for the church followed by getting ready to go to Healsville Sanctuary for three days.
|Unit Study on Braille|
- We watched a great YouTube clip on Louis Braille.
- Watched the animated version of The Miracle Worker the story of Helen Keller.
- Made a Notebook page on Louis Braille with Notebook pages from Notebooking Pages.
- Completed a unit study on Louis Braille, Helen Keller and Guide Dogs.
- Worked on skip counting in 5's.
- Continued our explorations of archeology.
- Using Book of Virtues and free notebooking pages over at Shiver Academy. This is a 992 page FREE download for you.
- 10 days of Hymn Study over at Contented at Home. Each post contains Free notebook pages, a brief history, the words and music for each hymn.
- Linda over at Pillars of Pine who wrote No Exclusions a beautiful heart to heart post about friendship and commitment.
- Time is mine for the molding over at Sarah Mae's.
- Fuel for Obedience over at Write them on the Doorposts of your home.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- We spent three days at Healsville Sanctuary with the T Family.
- Attended the first Kelly Sports day for the term.
- Played with E.
- Did a morning of home school fitness with a fellow family.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Going on an annual trip with five girl friends to Koorong Bookstore.
- Not enough routine.
Questions/thoughts I have…
- Do you know where I can find free notebooking pages on Helen Keller and Louis Braille ?
On My Bedside Table ...
- the same as last week. Nothings changed I haven't read anything this week because I have been playing with my camera :) and surfing bloggy world and had no social media or internet for three days while up at Healsville Sanctuary.
- How to browse YouTube safely in the classroom over at A Turn to Learn.
- Character Studies on Notebooking Nook.
- Using Book of Virtues and free notebooking pages over at Shiver Academy
- Homeschool Variety at Confessions of a Homeschooler.
- 31 Days of Social Media over at GL
- Are your children acting crazy ? Maybe they need more of you.
- Boerewors and potatoe salad for a barbeque
- Vetkoek and mince to share with friends.
- Sarah Dees from Frugal Fun for Boys.
I’m grateful for…
- my blog and the time my family allows me to spend here. I ♥ looking for links and putting together information.
- Pinterest. I ♥♥♥♥ did I say it I am really enjoying Pinterest.
This post is linking to:
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers - Weekly Wrap Up
iHomeschool - Homeschool Mothers Journal
Hammock Tracks - Its A Wrap
Homegrown Learners - Collage Friday