I had a lot of good intentions until everything was turned on it's head with a little man turning 8 and a birthday party followed by a little 8 year old being sick for two days! Sigh
In our home school this week…
- We continued investigating the life and times of Claude Monet by watching some YouTube movies. I found a three hour docudrama which has been a wonderful journey into the lives and times of Monet and his contempories.
- We are also continuing our studies of in Music appreciation.
- Had a Lynley Dodd fest and read Dogs Never Climb Trees, Schnitzel von Krumm Forget-Me-Not and The Other Ark.
- Enjoyed beginning Linnea in Monet's Garden
- We loved reading The Lighthouse Keeper's Breakfast.
- As part of our British Studies we started watching TITANIC The Mission. So very interesting.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- New Homeschool Supplier in Australia - Butterfly Bookstore.
- What Classics do You Recommend ? Free 31 page PDF download on Choosing Classics by age/grade Download
- 21 FREE Resources for Astonomy over at Homeschooling Hearts and Minds
- Top 10 Ways to Learn with Sidewalk Chalk over at Train Up a Child
- Home School Apps for learning on the Homeschool Help Series
- Keeping the Brain Busy this Summer over at Love 2 Learn 2 Day
- FREE Trailblazer Book by Dave an Neta Jackson.
I am inspired by…
- 10 Things to Speak Over your Children over at Charisma Magazine
- Dear Parents with Young Children in Church over at I am totally *that* Mom.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- A birthday play date at a park to celebrate Sir N's 8th birthday.
- Kelly Sports
- Dr's appointments for Paul.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Being blessed with two gifts when it was actually my son's birthday.
- Sleeping in late in the mornings. I should know better but it's winter and it's cold and late nights do not help either.
Questions/thoughts I have…
- Do you use YouTube for school ?
- A review for Christianity Cove
- . . .
In Bloggy world I’m reading…
- My Baby not My Child over at Daily Iowan. What an insightful article on the agony a young mom faces as she chooses to allow her son to be adopted.
- Current 'high school' happenings over at Serenades and Solace
- The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling with Chronic Illness over at Gricefully Homeschooling.
On Pinterest I found...
- Lucinda Leo from over at Navigating by Joy has some great homeschool boards.
I’m grateful for…
A wonderful relatively new friend who has blessed me with an opportunity to attend Made this year. Here is a list of SOME of what we will be learning: Art Journaling, The Art of Creative Living, Scripture Excavation & Art Journaling, Creativity and Freedom, Learning to Lead, Midrash and Collage, Capturing Everyday Blessings, Calligraphy, Meditation & Worship, Inspiring Creativity, ...
I am looking forward to these 16 weeks starting on the 1 September and runing to the end of December. That's four months and 16 workshops. Pop on over to read more.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor