Monday 25 August 2014

What will I be when I grow up ? {Poppins Book Nook}

This months theme for the Poppins Book Nook is What will I be when I grow UP?

We have decided we are joining Peter Pan and the Lost Boys and staying forever young! I was quiet surprised at all the different versions of Peter Pan there were at our local library.
“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” ― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
A little background

The story of Peter Pan was originally written as a stage production and  produced as such in 1904 by J.M. Barrie.  He then rewrote the story in novel form which was first printed in 1911 titled Peter and Wendy.

Books
We started with these books to set the foundation of growing up.  They were fun and easy reads.  The pictures were beautiful too.
Then we followed the adventures of Peter Pan who never wants to grow up
“Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.” ― J.M. Barrie
Video's
YouTube
Peter Pan from Milwaukee Ballet This is a beautiful retelling of Peter Pan.  It's nearly two hours long and well worth watching.

“Never is an awfully long time.” ― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Party Ideas
“If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!” ― J.M. Barrie
FREE Lap Pack
Jill from over at Enchanted Homeschooling Mom has made this FREE Poppins Book Nook pack for you with What will I be when I grow up Theme.


  • An official interactive Poppins Book Nook bookmark for this month’s theme
  • This month’s Passport pages to add to your lapbook
  • Several lapbook elements centered around Pirates
  • Reading response writing prompt

Do you have a favourite 'When I grow up ...' book ?  If so please share it in the comments.  If you have a blog and have blogged about it please link up with us and share. Looking forward to reading your adventures

Blessings
Chareen 
“Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.” ― J.M. Barrie

Connect with me 
 Facebook Google+ Pinterest Instagram YouTube RSS Feed


Your Poppins Book Nook Co-hosts

Enchanted Homeschooling Mom ~ 3 Dinosaurs ~ To the Moon and Back ~ Planet Smarty Pants ~ Farm Fresh Adventures ~ Growing in God's Grace ~ Chestnut Grove AcademyLearning and Growing the Piwi Way ~ The Usual Mayhem~ Preschool Powol Packets ~ Monsters Ed Homeschool Academy ~ Adventures in Mommydom ~ Teach Beside Me ~ Life with Moore Babies ~ Kathy's Cluttered Mind ~ Are We There Yet? ~ Our Crafts N Things ~ Hopkins Homeschool ~ ABC Creative Learning ~ Joy Focused Learning ~ P is for Preschooler ~ Laugh and Learn ~ A Mommy's Adventures ~ Inspiring 2 New Hampshire Children ~ World for LearningEver After in the Woods ~ Golden Grasses ~ Our Simple Kinda Life ~ A glimpse of our life ~ Journey to Excellence ~ Happy Little Homemaker ~ Little Homeschool Blessings ~ Simplicity Breeds Happiness ~ Raventhreads ~ Water on the Floor ~ Learning Fundamentals ~ Tots and Me ~ As We Walk Along The Road ~ Stir the Wonder ~ For This Season ~ Where Imagination Grows ~ Lextin Academy ~ The Canadian Homeschooler ~ School Time Snippets ~ Peakle Pie ~ Mom's Heart ~ A Moment in our WorldFinchnwren ~ At Home Where Life Happens ~ Suncoast Momma ~ The Library Adventure ~ Embracing Destiny ~ Day by Day in our World ~ Our Homeschool Studio ~ A "Peace" of Mind ~ Thou Shall Not Whine ~ SAHM I am ~ eLeMeNo-P Kids ~ Simple Living Mama

Poppins Book Nook Clip Art by Melon Headz

Connect with the Poppins Book Nook at
  1. Enchanted Homeschooling
  2. Facebook
  3. Pinterest

Connect with me
  Facebook Google+ Pinterest Instagram YouTube RSS Feed


3 comments:

  1. Love how you chose Peter Pan- one of my all time favourites! I have been watching a lot of ballet too, so this was really interesting, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Peter Pan quotes! Would you believe I've never actually read Peter Pan? Maybe it's time I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I'm not growing up either :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥