I first encountered Joey and Carla Link around twenty years ago in New Zealand while attending the local GEMS (Godly Encouragement for MotherS) group. I was really excited to be gifted Taming the Lecture Bug and Navigating the Rapids of Parenting from Parenting Made Practical.
To Encourage and equip parents to raise obedient, respectful and responsible children in today's world. - Parenting Made Practical
We were given the following two video's from their Parent's Night Out serries.
Navigating the Rapids of Parenting
Divided into two sessions
- Session One: Birth to Middle School - Phase One and Two
- Session Two: Middle School to College (starts at 41:45) - Phase Three and Four
The goal in this class is to equip parents to proactively go ahead of our children before they walk through the changes that happen rather than tailing behind them and therefore trying to figure out what's going on as our children are trying to figure out what's going on.
- Phase 1 - Birth to 5 Years old This is the time that we have in teaching them what they can and can not do.
- Phase 2 - 6 to Elementary Years. The training phase. Teach them how to grow in the fruits of the Spirit.
- Phase 3 - Middle Years (up to 8th grade) (11 - 18). The Belief system years. These are the years that they begin to question you. They need their questions answered well. Helping our children to grow biblically and mature into adult hood. Fill in the why answers because Biblical Principles never change but what they look like changes as you age..
- Phase 4 - High School to College Years (19- 22)- Coaching Phase. Guidance and Council. Evaluate your goals. Discipleship years.
Recommended Age Range
- Taming the Lecture Bug - For parents of 5 yrs. – college age
- Navigating the Rapids of Parenting
Over All I thought ...
Joey and Carla use scripture as the plumb line for instruction to us as parents. They help you to understand the phases your children will walk through on their way to adulthood. You are empowered through scripture and insight to understand what is happening in your child's life as they walk through each of these phases and empowered to make informed decisions in your parenting. This is one video that is worth having on the shelf to listen to time and again as a refresher and an encouragement as a parent in the work we have in raising our children.