Thursday 29 July 2021

P is for Podcasts

 Welcome to week 17 of  Blogging Through the Alphabet 2021.  This week Desiree is sharing P is for Park and I wanted to talk about a couple of Podcasts I've enjoyed listening to over the years.  These podcasts have stretched me and changed my perspective and broadened my horizons in more ways than I could have imagined.  I found them both when looking for more information on a Charlotte Mason Education.

A delectable Education Podcast

 This was my first ever homeschool podcast I listened to.  I really loved each episode.  A Delectable Education is presented by 

  1. Emily Kiser - Operates the Living Books Library (founded in 2006), it is her great delight to help families implement the Charlotte Mason model of education. 
  2. Liz Cottrill - (Emiliy's Mom) has been homeschooling her six children using Charlotte Mason and living books.
  3. Nicole Williams - has been homeschooling her own children and others (some of them who have special needs) she blogs over at Sabbath Mood Homeschool.

 There are 200+ episodes of homeschool encouragement and know how with these three ladies who between them have over a centurary of homeschool wisdom and experience to impart.

I would really like to encourage you to start at episode one and work your way through the episodes. You can find a list of their episodes here, where they are grouped together by:

  • Charlotte Mason 101: exploring the WHY behind the Method.
  • An Abundant Feast: the WHAT and HOW of the Charlotte Mason Method
  • Immersion Lessons: Listen in on sample Charlotte Mason Lessons
  • Charlotte Mson in Our Homes: What the METHOD looks like in application
  • Liberal Education FOR ALL: The Charlotte Mason Method beyond the American Homeschool
  • The Grand conversation: We answer questions from our listeners

 Listen on: the website, podcasts on Apple

 Your Morning Basket Podcast is almost up to it's 100th episode and hosted by Pam Barnhill. To find out more about a Morning Basket and what it is go here. Pam has a passion to equip, encourage and breah life into your homeschool.   Listen on Apple Podcasts here.

What are some of YOUR best Homeschooling Podcasts?

Chareen

---oOo---

Find the other ABC posts in this series here:

  1. A is for Art Lessons at Home
  2. B is for Books Where do You Purchase Yours? 
  3. Charlotte Mason a Round Up of Posts 
  4. Delight Directed Education
  5. Encouragement for Weary Homeschooling Mothers
  6. For the Children's Sake  
  7. G is for Geography
  8. Homeschool Bloggers  
  9. Instagramers to follow who are homeschooling
  10. Joy in Your Homeschool Journey
  11. Know Yourself - Stop the Comparison Game  
  12. Life Skills in Your Homeschool
  13. Math Resource for Home Education
  14. Netflix in Your Homeschool
  15. Olympics 2021
  16. P is for Podcasts 

Featured from last week the letter O...

This Week over at Our Homeschool Notebook the topic is P is for Park

 

Please link up your posts starting with the letter P for this weeks ABC Blogging


 

 

3 comments:

  1. beyond the true crime from Canada podcast I tend not to listen to them, they have never really grabbed my attention. I'm glad you found one that you like though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check these out for sure! They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to have to look these up and see if they are a good fit for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥